[Asterisk-Users] RE: Grandstream Improvements

WipeOut wipe_out at onetel.com
Wed Oct 22 09:36:51 MST 2003

Steve Sobol wrote:

> Christopher J. Wolff wrote:
>
>> TFTP config would be fantastic, but right now my #1 piss-off is that
>> I have
>> to dial a phone number twice or sometimes three times for the phone
>> to take
>> all the digits.  Someone on the list said it was like a manual
>> typewriter
>> and I agree 100%
>
> This is my biggest irritation too. Lots of 484 error messages.

This is why I made the suggestion that the GS should work like the Snom
in that you enter the number with the handset down and then once you are
happy the number is correct (and you can take as long as you like) you
lift the handset, as you lift the handset the number is dialed..

Using this same theory, you should be able to go through your called and
caller logs with the handset down and then when lifted the number is
dialed..