[Asterisk-Users] A software FAX modem

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Wed Oct 22 07:49:02 MST 2003

Figured the group would like to hear this. I just faxed a sample
document from a real fax machine to asterisk semi successfully. I'll
consider it just semi successfully for now because either I haven't
found a viewer that puts the image in proper aspect ratio or the storage
is screwy. I'm thinking it may be the fact that image apps expect the
file to be in X by X dpi not X by Y. Otherwise it was readable.

Also I was able to take the resulting tiff file and create a sample call
file that then sent the file back out to the real fax machine
successfully. The output was nearly identical to the original with the
exception of being darker. I'll attribute that to cheap fax machine with
crappy scan head.

Otherwise, Great job.

So far this is my bug list.

1. Makefile uses a include and library directory from /home/steveu.

2. Shouldn't make install for the spandsp library put the headers and
libraries in the proper locations so we don't have to make special
include links?

Basically if #2 is fixed, then #1 will not need those paths.