[Asterisk-Users] SIP and permit specified ip addresses

Thomas Haeger thomas.haeger at beronet.com
Wed Oct 22 03:22:59 MST 2003

Hi all,

can somebody explain me how exactly the "type", "host", "permit" and "deny"
option in sip.conf play together?

Where is the difference between "user" and "peer" ?

I want configure SIP so that it is only from specified net section possible
to make a call.

I have tried following:

[test]
type=peer
callerid=testaccount
context=voipin
dtmfmode=inband         ; Choices are inband, rfc2833, or info
deny=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
permit=172.20.0.0/255.255.0.0

Here i thought that it is possible to make a call only for computers from
the 172.20.0.0 net section.
But this don't work. No computer can make a call.

The only thing that worked for me was following:
[test]
type=peer
callerid=testaccount
context=voipin
host=172.20.23.206

The address 172.20.23.206 is the ip from the client pc. This works, but i
want specify a net section so that more computers are allowed to make calls.

Can sombody help me with this ?

Thank you very much.

Thomas.