[Asterisk-Users] wcfxo fails to load

Chris Albertson chrisalbertson90278 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 21 13:28:37 MST 2003

Please tell me if I'm doing something stupid before I go off and
hack on zaptel/wcfxo.c

Here is what I get:

[chris at rabbit chris]# insmod wcfxo
Using /lib/modules/2.4.20-18.9smp/misc/wcfxo.o
/lib/modules/2.4.20-18.9smp/misc/wcfxo.o: init_module: No such device
Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters,
including invalid IO or IRQ parameters.
      You may find more information in syslog or the output from dmesg
[chris at rabbit chris]#

I looked and found nothing in dmeg or syslog.

My plan is to

1) teach wcfxo.o about the "debug" option that can be passed
at load time and have it do things like list what PCI cards
it CAN find and print other diagnostics using maybe
pci_for_each_dev()

2) I notice there is no call to pci_register_driver() anywhere
in the source and not even to pci_find_subsys().  Is there a reason
for this?

See the file /usr/src/linux/Documentation/pci.txt

I hope it's just a dumb error and reading some FAQ can save the above
efforts but I figure better dianostics is always a good thing.

=====
Chris Albertson
  Home:   310-376-1029  chrisalbertson90278 at yahoo.com
  Cell:   310-990-7550