[Asterisk-Users] Auto-dial from webpage

WipeOut wipe_out at onetel.com
Tue Oct 21 08:17:55 MST 2003

Ashley Jones wrote:

> >> Channel: Zap/g2/14109850123
> >> MaxRetries: 2
> >> RetryTime: 60
> >> WaitTime: 30
> >> Context: extensions
> >> Extension: 84
> >>

>>> JT
>>
>>  From your example you would dial the outbound line and once
>> connected dial the internal extension.. does this not mean that the
>> external person would hear the phone rining when it was answered??
>>
>> I do mine the other way around..
>>
>> Channel: SIP/84
>> WaitTime: 30
>> Context: {the context that has your outbound dial string}
>> Extension: 914109850123 ;9 added to number as if call was being
>> placed from a phone
>>
>> This way the internal extension is dialed first and when answerd the
>> external number is dialed..
>

> Elrod,
>
> Though it may look like the extension is dialed first, it isn't.  The
> order of that file doesn't mater and * will always dial the extension
> first. Give John's example a try and it should work.
>
> Here's some tips:
> - the file name doesn't mater
> - set up a file in another directory then just copy the file to
> /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing and * will process and delete it.  This
> way you can easily modify your test file
> - Careful which context you use in /etc/asterisk/extensions.conf to
> make sure it's correct.
>
> -adj

Ashley,

It would appear that the order IS important.. I have just tried a test
file with the "Channel:" entry being my Cell number and the
"Context/Exten/Priority" being my extension and it did as I expected, It
dialed my Cell phone fisrt and when I answered my Cell phone I heard
ringing as my extension on my dask started to ring..

Looks like it must be done in the order of source(extension) then
destination(external phone number)..

Later..