[Asterisk-Users] Survey: Grandstream improvements.........

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Tue Oct 21 00:12:29 MST 2003

   John Brown (CV) wrote:

> Things like ring tones and fixing call waiting are already
> on the list. :)
>
> Lets also keep the replys away from gripes and complaints
> and more towards constructive comments.

1. More volume out of the speakerphone, and better range of the headset
volume.  I guess it would be sort of "out there" but if it were possible
to separately adjust them that would be boss.  To get the speakerphone
to even be heard whilst hunching over it requires full volume.  But then
if someone calls and I don't put it back down it blasts my ears off.

2. Support for lower-b/w codecs.  My list would include iLBC, Speex, and
GSM.

3. Announced (supervised? consultative?) Transfers.

4. IAX support, which would lead to better NAT support.

Thx.

B.