[Asterisk-Users] Auto-dial from webpage

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Mon Oct 20 23:20:36 MST 2003

>I want to create a CGI that will allow me to make a call when a user
>clicks on a URL in a webpage. I believe I need to create a file in
>/var/spool/asterisk/outgoing that defines the number I want to call and
>the phone I want to connect it to but I see no way to define the phone
>number I want to dial in the /usr/src/asterisk/sample.call file I see
>mentioned in other posts. Is it possible to do what I want? Am I even
>looking in the right direction?
>
>elrod
>
>--
>Mark Elrod
>Vindicia, Inc.
>2755 Campus Drive, Suite 240
>San Mateo, California 94403
>
>Email: elrod at vindicia.com
>Cell:  650-483-5763
>Main:  650-292-2409
>Fax:   650-345-1165
>Web:   http://www.vindicia.com

Mark -
   Hello!  To create a call to 14109850123 on an analog channel in
group 2 and then connect it to the hypothetical extension 84 (which
would map to 84,1,Dial(SIP/84) ) inside your network, here's the file
you'd create in /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing.call:

#
# Create the call on group 2 dial lines and set up
#  some re-try timers
#
Channel: Zap/g2/14109850123
MaxRetries: 2
RetryTime: 60
WaitTime: 30
#
# Assuming that your local extensions are kept in the
#  context called [extensions]
#
Context: extensions
Extension: 84

I would strongly suggest that you create this file elsewhere, and
copy it in after you're done creating it.  Asterisk is very
aggressive in grabbing these files, and if you're still creating it
when it grabs the file, you'll get errors, so best to create first
and then copy in to the outgoing directory all at once.

JT