[Asterisk-Users] Survey: Grandstream improvements.........

Andres andres at telesip.net
Mon Oct 20 21:30:50 MST 2003

On Monday 20 October 2003 21:38,  John Brown (CV) wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> I had a wonderful meeting with GS's President last week
> and he is very interested in feedback on what top features,
> functions, bugs the community would like to see in upcoming
> firmware.
>
> Please keep in mind that adding new features take time
> to develop, test and such.
>
> So please rate your ideas on a scale of 1-10
>
> 1  = Nice to have some day
>
> 10 = Got to have it right now
Hi John,

We have a 10 and we need it yesterday (as well as many other people who don't
even know it).  We have a Bug report at GS.  The problem is with STUN and
changing IP Addresses.  It happens like this:
1.  Phone does a STUN query and registers fine.
2.  If the public IP Address changes sometime later (like on a DSL line that
disconnects and connects back), the phone will keep registering with the
original IP address, and thus will fail to work properly.  It apparently does
not attempt further STUN queries for registration purposes.

We have sent Sniffer traces to David Li and hopefully they will fix it soon.
But we reported this over 4 weeks ago and it is still a huge problem for us.
Please help us push this through.

Thanks,
Andres