[Asterisk-Users] Setting a variable in extenstions.conf from the phone keypad.

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Mon Oct 20 19:53:38 MST 2003

On Mon, 2003-10-20 at 21:35, mvickers at real.com wrote:
> What I want to do is have one phone number for multiple call bridges
> (meetme)  so that first users are prompted for their call bridge ID then
> their password.
>

> exten => 7001,1,Playback(/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/if-you-know-the-extension-you
> want-to-dial-press-that-extension:gsm)

Use Background here so asterisk will do something with the keys pressed
during prompt playback.

> exten => 7001,2,set $foo to whatever was entered on the phones keypad
>
> exten => 7001,3,Dial($foo,60)

No need to set a variable to toss it away. Also Dial won't do what you
expect. You need to Goto the extension you are interested in. What you
need to do then is write a pattern match and Goto that.

exten => _XXX,1,Goto(${EXTEN})