[Asterisk-Users] Setvar SIP_CODEC

Luis Benavente luisbe at bts-usa.com
Mon Oct 20 16:52:34 MST 2003

	Hello,
	I have
a couple of 7960 and a quad T1 card on my asterisk box. I want to let
the phones to use g729 when they "talk" to each other, but to use g711
when I'm going to route the call out of my network using the T1 card.
	Everything works just fine between the phones, but in order to be able
to make calls through T1 I have to disallow the g729.

	For this purpose I have the following configuration using yesterday's
cvs.

[sip.conf]
disallow=all
allow=g729
allow=ulaw

[extensions.conf]
exten => 123456,1,SetVar,SIP_CODEC=ulaw
exten => 123456,2,Dial(${TRUNK}/${EXTEN})

	The problem is with the SetVar function, the debug shows that the
function is executed, but after that, * sends the media capability to
the phone with g729 as preferred codec.

	Is there any work around? or simply setVar wasn't meant for this
scenario.

	Thanks

--
Luis Benavente <luisbe at bts-usa.com>