[Asterisk-Users] Setting up an IAX2 trunk

Tom Walsh slim at ala.net
Mon Oct 20 13:55:47 MST 2003

::> I am trying to set up an IAX2 trunk between two
::> servers.
::[snip]
::> I am using bmtools to monitor the bandwidth usage, and
::> I am not seeing a difference.
::>
::Trunks don't seem to work with "host=dynamic", at least in my setup they
::don't.  A good way to see if calls are actually going down the trunk is
::to type "iax2 trunk debug" at the Asterisk CLI when you have calls going
::between server A and server B.

Also trunking requires that some sort of timing device (digium card or
ztdummy) be in place for trunking. Otherwise trunking is disabled.

Typically if you have trunking enabled in your config and neither timing
device present a log message will be generated to inidicate that you need a
timing device for trunking to be enabled.

Tom Walsh