[Asterisk-Users] A software FAX modem

Florian Overkamp florian at obsimref.com
Mon Oct 20 12:19:24 MST 2003

Hi,

Citeren Steve Underwood <steveu at coppice.org>:
> If it doesn't work for you, don't be too surprised. Feed back anything
> you find, and lets try to make things better. I suspect, from experience
> and things I have read on the web, that a lot of fax machines do not
> follow the standards very well. In that case, a number of tweaks are
> probably needed before this new software is adequately tolerant of the
> behaviour of real world machines.

First off, let me start by saying I think this is a great new step that is
greatly appreciated (at least by me) toward a complete telephony platform.

Second off, I just tried to build and install. Some comments up till now:

- The compilation process asks for libaudiofile headerfiles (-dev package) -
this was not default on my box. Should be added to documentation I guess :)

- On my Debian box libtiff is an empty package (sucks) so I downloaded the
tiff package source code. Installation here sucks once more: the mentioned
tiffiop.h is not installed in /usr/local/include as I suppose it should, same
goes for several other header files. Easiest was to just point the Makefile in
your src/ tree toward the libtiff source.

- The linker tries to access fftw (Fourier libraries). Not default installed
on my system, should probably be added to documentation

- The linker tries to access unicall. What is this ? Not installed on my
system and no candidates on my searchlist (apt-get and a quick google search).
How to continue ?

Thanks, and I hope to continue this adventure soon :-)
--
Met vriendelijke groet,
Florian Overkamp