[Asterisk-Users] RE: how to escape #

Anthony Minessale anthmct at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 20 08:29:49 MST 2003

I run into that # issue sometimes too

All I can do is hit ## so the lady tells me there is no ext really fast and i may not miss any of the call the # still makes it to the real call too.

If you knew in advance you are calling that kind of system you could always
clone the ext you use to make the call with a prefix to not use T flag

ignorepat => 7
like exten => _XXXXXXX,1,Dial(Zap/1/${EXTEN}|60|T) ; local # w xfer

like exten => _7XXXXXXX,1,Dial(Zap/1/${EXTEN:1}) ; 7 means no xfer

You can always have ## make the lady go away real fast instead of telling you the obvious fact that # is an invalid ext

1 of the '# ' to activate xfer mode, then special ext # means you dont really want to xfer and takes you back to the call asap as the call in progress would have heard your 1st # and not the 2nd.