[Asterisk-Users] Playing around MSNs

WipeOut wipe_out at onetel.com
Mon Oct 20 06:33:00 MST 2003

Jean-Christophe Heger wrote:

> Let's say I have 3 IP phones (A, B, C) and 3 MSNs (1, 2, 3).
>
> How can I define that the incoming MSN 1 is redirected to A, 2 to B
> and 3 to C ?
> And how can I define that the A phone uses the outgoing MSN 1, etc ?
>
> Actually, I'm using the CAPI channel driver, but any help is welcome.
>
> Jean-Christophe

The MSN will be passed to Asterisk when the call comes in, so in the
context where you send the inbound call create an entry similar to this..

exten => msn1,1,GoTo(context,exten,priority)

So if your MSN was 555 and the extension was 22 in the [users] context
the line would be..

exten => 55,1,GoTo(users,22,1)

Hope that helps..