[Asterisk-Users] Patch testers needed

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Sun Oct 19 11:47:43 MST 2003

Hello -
   As I've mentioned before, we have a large number of patches
starting to build up in the bugtracker interface waiting for addition
to CVS.  Many of these patches are ready to go and have been fully
tested but have not been added due to time schedules.  However,
almost all of the bugnotes that have the term [patch] in the title
have code in them that has been submitted but does not have any
verifiable testing done on it other than what the author has done.

   WE NEED TESTERS TO CONFIRM PATCH VALIDITY.  The folks at Digium
(mark, specifically) don't have time to do exhaustive testing on
these patches all by themselves.  Having other people apply these
patches and try them out saves huge amounts of time, and often finds
bugs that can be repaired by the authors before review by Digium
staff (which saves even more time.)

   Please see if you can find some time to apply one or two patches to
your current-CVS system, and then note your results in the ticket.

JT