[Asterisk-Users] Even Newer Patch to app_queue with skillbased strategy

Anthony Minessale anthmct at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 18 15:09:51 MST 2003

I made a post a few days ago with a patch to the queue to allow you to insert
a penalty value in dynamic queue adding.

http://asterisk.650dialup.com

Since then, I decided I would make a whole new strategy called 'skillbased'

I added a new option skillmask to the Queue appl and the
AddQueueMember func as well as the queues.conf

basicly if the skillmask of the queuemember is & (bitwise anded) against the mask
of the call on the queue If they match then you can take the call and it boils down to
the penalty value (ringall) if not you are not even considered for the call.

I used long as the variable so you can get a good deal of bits in a mask (int can have 32)

For anyone not familiar with this concept see unix chmod that uses an octal
and the bits 1,2,4

For the queue skillmask just keep multing the number by 2

1 = sales
2 = tech level 1
4 = tech level 2
8 = tech level 3
16 = advanced problems
32 = coperate

to allow a queue member to be allowed to take the call just add up
all the numbers that go with his skills and set that as his skillmask

to set the call just use prompts to caculate what kind of call it is
and feed that skill bit to the Queue
exten => 1,1,Queue,skillqueue||1 ; 1 is for sales skill