[Asterisk-Users] Creating new voicemail accounts

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Sat Oct 18 13:32:42 MST 2003

I have googled this one to death, and can't find anything.

I added a number of new users to my asterisk (current CVS) system.  I am
using the "Voicemail2" family.

I added entries in extensions.conf and voicemail.conf for my new users,
and I have tested leaving and retrieving new voicemails for them.  All
of this works fine.

But if one of the new users tries to "Administer personal greetings" (or
whatever exactly the menu choice is called) once they get to the point
of recording, asterisk bombs them off the call without writing anything.

Here's the CLI interaction:

     -- Playing 'vm-messages'
     -- Playing 'vm-opts'
     -- Playing 'vm-options'
     -- Playing 'vm-rec-unv'
     -- Playing 'beep'
     -- x=0, open writing:  voicemail/default/5120/unavail format: gsm,
(nil)
   == Spawn extension (home, 8, 1) exited non-zero on
'IAX2[bc at 206.230.187.8:4569]/2'

Actual voicemail messages seem to be being saved in all the various
(gsm, wav) formats, so the recording subsystem must have all its components.

I'm sure I must be overlooking something obvious.  Can anyone provide a
pointer?

Thx.

B.