[Asterisk-Users] RE: Outgoing call to IVR not being "answered"

David Harris davidh at webunited.net
Sat Oct 18 11:17:15 MST 2003

Ok after find this post
http://www.mail-archive.com/asterisk-users@lists.digium.com/msg07004.htm
l.  I have figured out my issue and I have refined my question.

Does anyone how to make asterisk tell the calling sip-ua that the remote
party "answered" the phone as soon as it sees rtp coming in even though
the remote IVR didn't "connect" the call.

I found a couple of remote IVRs that when I call them they don't
"connect" the call until the caller chooses an option via DTMF... but my
cisco phone won't send DTMF until asterisk tells it the call has been
answered

Its american express (800 327 2177) and american airlines (800 433
7300)... i think they are trying to save money by not connecting the
call.

Thanks,
David

>I don't know if this is a problem with my cisco sip IP Phones or
asterisk >but I thought I would post here in case someone else has
experienced this >issue.

>When I make a call from my SIP cisco IP Phone to some remote IVRs I
never >get the rest of my soft keys, only the "End Call" soft key, and
also DTMF >doesn't work... its like the phone is acting like the remote
end hasn't >picked up yet.