[Asterisk-Users] x-lite

Philipp von Klitzing klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Sat Oct 18 02:12:35 MST 2003

Hi!

> Has anyone experience with xten.net's X-Lite SIP softphone and
> asterisk? I have a problem and I think X-Lite is not even trying to
> contact SIP proxy while dialing.

1. Read the FAQ on the xten site, the have good documentation over there.
Also read their PDF manual.

2. If X-Lite displays the settings menu when you launch it then your
settings are not correct/ not complete

3. There is a bug in the currently available build 1079 (version 1) of
X-Lite where no matter which RTP ports you specify X-Lite will analyse
your NAT/firewall and select the ports by itself. In other words: X-Lite
doesn't care what range you enter as RTP ports. Press F9 to find out wich
ports are in use.

4. By the way: You only enter the starting port, by default 8000. X-Lite
will then use 8000 and 8001 for channel 1, 8002 and 8003 for channel 2,
and 8004 and 8005 for channel 3.

Greetings, Philipp