[Asterisk-Users] Paging/Intercom (was: OT - SIP Auto-Answer for Cisco 7940/7960!!)

Andy Hester cgadmin at conserogroup.com
Fri Oct 17 23:11:05 MST 2003

	For the most part * does handle it all.  However, having only 1 line makes
it difficult to field calls (as in a receptionist).  If you are on the phone
& someone else calls, the Flash functionality no longer works.  With 2
lines, a person could be on line 2, field a call on line 1 & do a
consultative transfer without any problem.  This is the main advantage.

	Also, you could make 3 3-way calls on this phone, assuming you had all 3
lines configured & live, and then bridge all 3 together to have a 6 person
conference call from your phone.

	Most of my phones have only 1 line configured, but all of the secretaries
have 2 lines.

Andy