[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk in a rural project

Jorge Mendoza mendoza at tcc.com.pe
Fri Oct 17 15:36:47 MST 2003

We have working in a rural project and I have selected Asterisk. Because
* will work with a prepay system we need a precise answer supervision
for outgoing calls. The pilot system will have 8 trunks to PSTN. The
Telephone Company provides EURO BRI and analog CO trunks. On CO trunks
the answer supervision is reversal polarity. The village to be served
will be connected through a WLAN. Thus, the two scenario will be:

1.- PSTN <----> [BRI SIP Gateway] <------>[Radio Link 802.11b] <----->
[Asterisk] <----> SIP Phones + FXS
2.- PSTN <----> [Asterisk + Channel Bank] <----->[Radio Link 802.11b]
<----> [Asterisk] <---> SIP Phones + FXS

In point 2 the channel bank has FXO with reversal polarity detection.
Initially, the system and users will have a few features as possible:
Automatted Attendant, VM, outgoing dialling an answer calls (probably
blind tranfer).

Are these approach correct? Any issues?

Tank You

Jorge Mendoza