[Asterisk-Users] QoS On *

Nicholas Romero nxn at idim.com
Fri Oct 17 11:54:56 MST 2003

Asterisk changes the TCP header to include a request for Terms Of Service
(TOS).  As long as all the routers along the understand and respect the
request to prioritize the traffic it should work out ok.  On a private
network this is usually the case.  On the internet, especially with some of
the cheap and small firewalls and NATs this maybe or may not be the case.
Some of the newer ones have TOS and QOS (Ethernet) as an option.

 -Nicholas