[Asterisk-Users] Extension syntax specification - please help!

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Fri Oct 17 08:56:03 MST 2003

John Todd have started creating a document called Readme.channels that will document the
syntax of extensions in all channels. I have uploaded his draft to the Wiki, so that all
of you can help find the syntax, it's not so easy to grasp from reading the source. It
would really be handy to have it all in one place, within the source distribution (and
of course in the Wiki...)

http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk+readme.channels

Looking at various sources, there are different documentation on IAX and IAX2 extensions,
so they're different now - I'm not sure that's correct. I've found no docs on
h323 channel syntax, or skinny channel syntax. There's a lot more channels that are
undocumented yet, so please help us with googling the archives, filling in the bits and
pieces on the Wiki page. From that page, a text file will be created and included in the
source distribution to help all users with the syntax.

Thank you for your assistance!

/O

PS. If you don't now how to add to the wiki, but have a correction or addition, mail
it to me and I'll add it.