[Asterisk-Users] console sound problem with usb sound card

Benjamin Denozière benjamin at denoziere.nu
Fri Oct 17 03:24:55 MST 2003

Hi,

For our application, we need to use the analog sound output from the console (CONSOLE/dsp)
However, the server we're running asterisk on only has one pci slot, already user by one X100P.
I have therefore installed the latest alsa-project drivers and a USB sound card, everything seems to work fine.
The problem is, when ringing through the X100P to the console channel, the sound is Ok for about 30 seconds,
then starts breaking up and delay more and more to the point that the sound is no longer understandable at all.

When astersisk's not running, I can play long (over 2 mins) audio (mp3) files through the usb card without problems.
I'm not sure wether I should look for a problem in asterisk or the alsa drivers ?

any ideas ?

thanks !

Benjamin