[Asterisk-Users] SER vs STUND with Asterisk..

Chris Albertson chrisalbertson90278 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 16 14:41:59 MST 2003

I looked at chan_sip.c briefly. The code is not hard to follow
and a "hack" type fix might be doable. ("hack" being some fixed
values being stuffed in packets.)  The hard part for me is
understanding what needs to be done down at the SIP protocol
level.

Anyone has a good hadle on this and can write it up?

Failing that I'll have to capture packets and look at what
X-Lite does and what Asterisk does and compare.

> > What goes in sip.conf?
> >
> > The problem I see is that the SER server at pulver.com complains
> > about the 192.168.x.x address it is getting from me.
> >
> > I know you CAN get SIP calls through my firewal because X-Lite
> > can do it just fine.  But Asterisk can't, or I can't get it to.
> >
> > I'm about ready to hack Asterisk so that it sends _all_ SIP
> > requiests to some fixed, (set at compile time) IP address.
> > I'll run SER at that address and have SER "mangle" the
> > packets.
> Chris,
> Look in the bug report/feature request I submitted and John
> referenced (see above). What you want is exactly what I have
> requested,
> support for an outbound SIP proxy. If you're on the verge of doing
> it,
> I will stand by for testing and applause!
>
> What John stated was that Asterisk as a SIP server handles clients
> behind
> a NAT well. You're problem is Asterisk as a SIP client behind a NAT,
> a different problem that requires another solution.
>
> I apologize if I've been unclear in this thread, but I've tried to
> separate the two roles.
>
> /Olle

=====
Chris Albertson