[Asterisk-Users] Outgoing CallerID

Mickey Binder mickey at comflex.dk
Thu Oct 16 12:09:48 MST 2003

> > JanM wrote:
> >
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > Does anyone know how to set the outgoing CallerID properly
> > when using Snom200/SIP/CAPI/BRI?
> > >
> --SNIP--
> > > My mobile is only showing some other number that my isdn
> > line is having.
> > >
> > > ---JanM---
> > Telecom restrictions?
> > I can set only caller IDs within the set of numbers provided
> > me from telecom.
> > Check with your telecom if you're allowed to set any caller ID.
>
> I'm experiencing the exact same behavior.
>
> I have an E1 line (using TE410P) with 30 numbers associated
> to it, and I know that I'm allowed to change the outgoing
> CallerID, because our production PBX is a Lucent
> ArgentBranch, and when dialing out from this the CallerId
> displays correct. I've tried some different configurations in
> order to get it to work but without luck.
>
> This is a snip of my extensions.conf
>
> [Outgoing]
> ;
> ;Outside access via Zaptel interface (PRI)
> exten => _XX.,1,SetCallerId(4330xxxx)
> exten => _XX.,2,Dial,Zap/g1/BYEXTENSION
>
> The main isdn number is 4399xxxx and is the only number I can
> get displayed when calling.
>
> regards
> Mickey Binder

I've done some more testing and by debugging the pri span I think I've found where it tries to present the outgoing id.

To me everything looks ok but still the only number I see from the outside is my main ISDN number.

Here is a couple of lines from the log:

Calling Number (len=12) [ Ext: 0  TON: International Number (1)  NPI: ISDN/Telephony Numbering Plan (E.164/E.163) (1)
                           Presentation: Presentation permitted, user number passed network screening (1) '4330xxxx' ]
Called Number (len=11) [ Ext: 1  TON: International Number (1)  NPI: ISDN/Telephony Numbering Plan (E.164/E.163) (1) '2840xxxx' ]

Cant figure out what's wrong?

regards
Mickey Binder