[Asterisk-Users] Directory App - excluding users...

Steve Creel screel at turbs.com
Thu Oct 16 12:08:51 MST 2003

Does anyone have any suggestions for excluding certain users from the
directory?  Can I just leave the 'Name' field empty in voicemail.conf

Certain voicemail boxes shouldn't show up in the directory (company
president, etc).  I assume this can be handled safely by just leaving out
the 'name' in voicemail.conf

To go a step further, it would be good to allow them to put the company
president's name in, and be given to his secretary.  I can "sort of" get
this working by putting in duplicate entries in voicemail.conf.  The first
one is the real mailbox, the second one is the president's name, but his
secretary's mailbox.  This seems shady.

Would it make sense to add another field in the voicemail.conf for
'extension to transfer to' ?

100 => 1234,President's Secretary
101/100 => 1234,Company President

Thanks for your thoughts,