[Asterisk-Users] Problems with TE410P and E1 line --> Unable to open D-channel 24 (No such device or address)

Mickey Binder mickey at comflex.dk
Thu Oct 16 08:47:42 MST 2003

Hi everybody

I've just installed a new Redhat 8.0 and configured it with Asterisk, zaptel and libpri.
Afterwards I installed a TE410P and configured this as well. But when starting Asterisk I get the following error message:

    -- Registered channel 1, PRI Signalling signalling
    -- Registered channel 15, PRI Signalling signalling
  == Registered channel type 'Zap' (Zapata Telephony Driver w/PRI)
  == Registered channel type 'Tor' (Zapata Telephony Driver w/PRI)
ERROR[16384]: File chan_zap.c, Line 6249 (start_pri): Unable to open D-channel 24 (No such device or address)
ERROR[16384]: File chan_zap.c, Line 7003 (load_module): Unable to start D-channel on span 1
WARNING[16384]: File loader.c, Line 301 (ast_load_resource): chan_zap.so: load_module failed, returning -1
WARNING[16384]: File loader.c, Line 396 (load_modules): Loading module chan_zap.so failed!

But the weird thing is that I only define channel 1-15 as bchan and 16 as dchan in zaptel.conf
(which by the way works fine on a similar setup)

If I try to define channel 24 as dchan I get no errors but the ISDN line doesn't work anyway.
After running ztcfg, zttool says red error for all 4 lines and I know there should be a connection to the ISDN on the first one.

I've copied the configuration from the other machine so nothing differs here. I've also tried with a couple of different CVS versions of asterisk.

regards
Mickey Binder