[Asterisk-Users] I give up!!

marrandy marrandy at chaossolutions.org
Thu Oct 16 04:21:10 MST 2003

On Thursday 16 October 2003 09:21, Dave Alan Caruana wrote:

> The problems I faced were the following :
> - initially a problem with asterisk crashing totally when there wasn't an
> extension
>   to ring .. though this was fixed in a subsequent CVS, it was causing
> downtime.
>   the client has no unix knowledge, and a script I put in to kick in the
> asterisk
>   when it shut itself down didn't seem to always work.
>
>   it also reduced the quality of my subsequent callout requests to something
> on
>   the lines of "the phone server is crashed again" regardless of what the
> problem was

I suggest people download and install dameontools

http://cr.yp.to/daemontools.html

and have asterisk as a supervised service.

If it fails, supervise will restart it after 5 seconds.

Regards...Martin

--
Alimony is a system by which, when two people make a mistake, one of them
continues to pay for it.