[Asterisk-Users] Voicemail File permissions

Stephen R. Besch sbesch at acsu.buffalo.edu
Thu Oct 16 07:41:07 MST 2003

I'm working on an application that monitors, displays and manipulates
voice mail messages for individual clients, with an option to click and
play in a windows interface. The problem is that I need to create a
Samba share that is accessible by the Windows file system object and I
don't want to give the share root access.  What I need is for the voice
mail files to be created with a group other than root and with 770
permissions.  From what I can tell, the only way I can do this is to
patch the voicemail application. However, this means re-patching every
time I update from CVS.  It there any possiblilty that the create group
and default permissions for the voicemail files and folders could be
made options in the voicemail.conf file?

Stephen R. Besch