[Asterisk-Users] I give up!!

Andy Hester cgadmin at conserogroup.com
Thu Oct 16 07:31:25 MST 2003

Dave,
	I sympathize greatly with your plight.  I just had a similar experience
myself, although I managed to salvage it before I was asked to remove it
from the building.  I was using Pingtel phones that were supposed to "work
great with Asterisk" but instead crashed all the time.  Then I got the Sip
bug that caused * to stop responding when doing a cvs update for work
arounds for the phones.  I ended up pulling the Pingtel phones and replacing
with Smartalk analog phones.  Everyone seems to be fairly happy right now,
but it has been a huge nightmare and a huge learning experience.  One thing
I learned is that Asterisk is very capable even in production, but if your
going to implement it you had better make sure that you can do full blown
testing before implementing initially and again for any changes.  I am very
wary of CVS updates now...

	Quite a few people are making a concerted effort to make documentation
better and I think this will help quite a bit.

Sincerely,
Andy Hester
Consero