[Asterisk-Users] No 'ringing' sound to outside callers

Serge Mankovski dorjegonpo at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 15 18:48:17 MST 2003

Hi,
r in Dial statement in extentions.conf has to provide ringing tone to the
calling party. It is described in the documentation.

However, I experience similar behavior (no ringing tone) although I have
Dial(SIP/whatever,20,r) in extentions.conf

This happens every time when there is a call from SIP to H233 (OH323) or
from H323 to SIP

If I dial SIP to SIP on the same extention then *there is* ringing
indication.

I wander myself how to fix this problem.

Serge