[Asterisk-Users] Odd ringing conditions

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Wed Oct 15 15:00:42 MST 2003

On Wed, 2003-10-15 at 16:30, Robert Boardman wrote:
> I have two questions about incomming ring and extension ringing
>
> 1) When an incoming call is detected by asterisk it takes 2 or three
> rings before the internal phone ring does anyone know how I can fix this?

Recently we discussed analog lines and callerid. Basically you have
callerid turned on, and asterisk is waiting till it gets callerid data
or gives up on it before answering the phone line. If you don't care
about callerid, then turn it off and asterisk will start processing the
call on the first ring.

> 2) All internal phone ring on an incoming pstn call but after the call
> is answer all the other phone ring for a couple of tinkles how can I
> stop this from happening?

You probably have call progress turned on for your internal lines. If
so, then it is probably looking to see that you really picked up before
signaling that it can stop the rest of the lines from ringing.