[Asterisk-Users] Digium should develop and sell just Dummy card. For timing...

rnc Info Lists info-lists at robertc.de
Wed Oct 15 05:43:28 MST 2003

Its a free world and everyone is entitled to their opinion.  Here's mine
on this topic.  The cards aren't so expensive (99.95 USD).  If they have
their own hardware then they don't have to depend on the target system
having a particular configuration.  Example:  right now I am running * on
a system that has NO USB ports so couldn't use USB for timing. That makes
their programming much easier.

As has already been pointed out, nothing keeps someone from writing
patches to use some other timing device.  Digium is nice enough to put
Asterisk as public software. Lets don't screw that up. Be part of the
solution, don't complain about the problem. If you have a solution
suggestion then post it.. probably others would be happy to help you

Robert