[Asterisk-Users] Problem with T100P card in a new chassis

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Wed Oct 15 01:17:32 MST 2003

Due to some failed hardware on another platform, I've had to move a
T100P card to a different chassis.  After this move was completed, I
am seeing some strange results on the T100P card that do not display
to me any failure mode with which I am familiar.  The card comes up,
and shows "good" carrier and status, but Asterisk refuses to bring
the D-channel up.  Calls of course do not complete, inbound or
outbound.  The configuration on the system is identical to what I had
on the same PRI before I disconnected it.  The PRI checks out clean
when connected to another Asterisk system.  So, it must be something
with this particular motherboard or hardware configuration, but is
there anything I can do to solve the problem?

Searches through the archives and Google do not show anything
relevant on this error message that I was able to find.

Hardware Specs:
  - Intel 440GX+ motherboard
  - 500mhz PIII processor
  - 1u case (horizontal PCI card - no, it's not shorting out)

If I run asterisk -vvvvvvvvgcd I get a whole slew of these lines (all
identical) in the stderr output:

DEBUG[13326]: File chan_zap.c, Line 6201 (pri_dchannel): Got event No
event (0) on D-channel for span 1

 From dmesg: