[Asterisk-Users] My Grandstream works, but my X-Lite doesn't:no sound after 5sec

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Wed Oct 15 01:16:56 MST 2003

Paul Cheng wrote:
> Our experience with the Budget Tones 101have been poor as well. The
> devices seem to die after a day or two (even with the new firmware) and
> then need to be rebooted. On occasion, the device needs to be literally
> unplugged and plugged back in as even the reset doesn't work.

Mine is a small sample set (~10) but a couple of them are the primary
phones I've been using--I'm a pretty heavy user--and over several weeks
we seem to be doing fine with them.  The CW tone is extremely annoying,
and one has to be a bit deliberate in hitting the keypad, but I haven't
had to do any rebooting or fiddling.

I'm ramping up my use of them, TCP-slow-start-like.  My results have
been pretty satisfactory considering the low cost.

B.