[Asterisk-Users] 200-400ms latency

Olaf Menzel menzel at fokus.fhg.de
Sat Oct 11 00:35:06 MST 2003

Andrew Joakimsen wrote:

> Has anyone tested using SIP endpoints (Possibly the ATA-186) with a
> connection that has at least 200ms, if not more, of latency? We are
> trying to get some stuff setup in Australia and wanted to know if this
> would be feasable, are there any added delays? Echos?

I am going to test it with an network link layer simulator (Adtech
SX-20) because we got registration timeout over a VSAT satcom connection
(~560 ms RTT).
Beside the Adtech COTS youc an use the NIST Net nework emulator
(http://snad.ncsl.nist.gov/itg/nistnet/).

regards

Olaf

--

Dipl. Ing. Olaf Menzel - System Engineer
FOKUS - Fraunhofer Institute for Open Communication Systems: