[Asterisk-Users] Line in use detection...

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Tue Oct 14 19:46:49 MST 2003

> > I would like to know if is possible to setup my Asterisk to detect if the
> > phone lines from FXO cards are in use. We use the parallel phones on the
> > same lines...
>
> The current answer is to use line isolators -- Radio Shack sells these
> things as privacy widgets.  Although I am certain that the SLIC the FXO
> cards use has onhook/offhook detection, it's just a matter of seeing if you
> can read that info and tell * that the line is in use.

I've had the same issue as the original post, and have not found an
acceptable way to handle it in an environment larger then a home office.
The privacy widget approach isn't the real answer either since * blindly
starts sending touchtone signaling with first listening for dial tone.

Mark or anyone... is there any support within the X100P and associated
software to implement a "listen for dialtone before dialing" approach?