[Asterisk-Users] NAT, SIP (was: No sound with SIP Phones on the Internet)

Alastair Maw asterisk at almaw.com
Tue Oct 14 17:44:12 MST 2003

On 15/10/03 00:15, Uriel Carrasquilla wrote:

> Does anybody else have a strong opinion one way or the other? If it
> is left to John and myself we have a 1:1 vote.

See how much easier it is to follow the thread of conversation if you
quote just enough of the e-mail you're responding to so people know
what's going on without having to read through pages of text?

Please see RFC 1855:
  - http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1855.html

Decent mail clients that behave sensibly regarding quoting are easy to
come by. You can even set up Outlook to behave vaguely properly and
quote using >.

> As a matter of fact, I am of the opinion that the response to E-mails
> should go at the top to save time.

So, it's not worth *your* time organizing your e-mail sensibly, but it's
worth everyone else's time having to dig through lines of text to work
out what the context is? I find that selfish, at best.

Please see the following page (strong words warning). It pretty much
sums it all up nicely:
  - http://thegestalt.org/simon/quoterant.html

--
Al Maw