[Asterisk-Users] dialling out

mick at netexpress.com.au mick at netexpress.com.au
Tue Oct 14 14:52:28 MST 2003

No I am using a Cisco 7940

Regards Mick

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-admin at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-admin at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Stephen R.
Besch
Sent: Tuesday, 14 October 2003 11:13 PM
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] dialling out

Mick,

If you're using the Grandstream, there appears to be a bug in early
dial.  After the 4th or 5th digit, * sends back an address incomplete
message and the phone responds with the buzy - generated at the phone.
A SIP debug trace indicates that * is sending the correct information
and continues to waut for the next digit, which never arrives.  I have
sent Grandstream a bug report and they are working on the problem.  As a

temporary workaround turn the early dial option off.  If you are not
using the Grandstream, then there may be a similar problem in other
phones, or, despite appearances from the SIP debug trace, there may be a

problem with *;  I'm betting on the phone in this instance.  Turn on SIP

debug in the CLI and study the responses after each digit.  Ignoring the

acknowlege packets, you should get a series of invites from the phone,
each subsequent one with one additional digit, and each followed by an
address incomplete response from *.  If everything is working, this
happens until the invite requests an extension that is actually in the
dialplan.

Stephen R. Besch