[Asterisk-Users] Digium cards just for timing

nathan nathan at yorkukhosting.com
Tue Oct 14 14:50:03 MST 2003

---------------------
Hi,

I've found that neither Michael Manousos patch nor ztdummy driver do not
fix musiconhold sound interruption problem up to acceptable quality
level. Sound is choppy here anyway. It is my understanding (please
correct me if I'm wrong) that if I have
a Digium card in my asterisk machine, these problems should be gone
'cause those cards provide some reliable timing. So I have no choice and
wish to buy a cheapest Digium card just for timing. I have no PSTN
ports, it's pure voip environment here. So my question is whether any
Digium card would be ok or I have to buy some specific card? I'm looking
at X100P card as it is the cheapest one. Would it be enough? Thank you.

Michael

Michael,

Have you tried zaprtc from http://www.junghanns.net/asterisk ? It seems
to be working here on a 'SIP only' configuration without any problems.
Music on hold sounds perfect.

-Nathan