[Asterisk-Users] "Gates steps up telecom campaign"

Ariel Batista abatista at avionica.com
Tue Oct 14 10:40:28 MST 2003

From: Steven Critchfield <critch at basesys.com>
>> I understand I used to do the same.  Sometimes up to 2 times a week.
>> But Asterisk has problems with Zombie lines.  And guess what you have
>> to do to get them unlocked?
>
>If you are getting them that often, you may want to sit near the user
>who occupies that line and see what they do odd that causes the zombies.
>It would help with the debuging.
>
>We only seem them every couple of months here.

I have and found it due to the Nortel 452 and the 390 phones being so slow. It mainly happens on our receptions transfering calls to our support queue.  It start thinking it need to setup a 3 way call!  Then it will connect the transfer call correctly. About 20 secounds later it thinks the 3rd call is valid then sends it back to the original extension and that is when it goes out!  I have grown to hate these phones the 452 and 390.