[Asterisk-Users] Has something changed with AGI recently?

Skuse, Phil Phil.Skuse at vicorp.com
Tue Oct 14 03:39:54 MST 2003

I updated to the latest CVS yesterday, from a version several months old. On
one of my extensions, I have an AGI script in priority 1. Previously, the
AGI script would run and when it terminated, asterisk would move on to
priority 2 and connect the call. But now, when it terminates, it starts all
over again in a continuous loop and never gets to priority 2. Do I need to
update the priority in the script, or return a value to indicate successfull
completion?

Here is the (unchanged) AGI script...

#!/bin/sh
# Phil Skuse 16/4/2003
# Writes caller information to /home/asterisk/call_log.txt
export PATH=/bin:/usr/bin
read STDIN
while [ "x$STDIN" != "x" ]; do
    export VARNAME=`echo $STDIN | awk '{print $1}' | tr -d ":"`
    export VARVALUE=`echo $STDIN | awk '{print $2}'`
    case $VARNAME in
        ("agi_extension") export EXTENSION=$VARVALUE;;
        ("agi_callerid")  export CALLERID=$VARVALUE
    esac
    read STDIN
done
echo `date` Extension: $EXTENSION CallerID: $CALLERID >>
/home/asterisk/call_log.txt
echo "CallerID: $CALLERID" | mail -s "Somebody called the demo" -c
phil at vicorp.com

Here is extensions.conf...

exten => 606,1,AGI,call_logger.sh
exten => 606,2,Dial,sip/606|10|t
exten => 606,3,HangUp

Phil Skuse <phil.skuse at vicorp.com>
 UNIX System Administrator. NIC Handle: MBJEJPIEUI
 Vicorp UK Limited: The Telephony Engine Company.
 Tel  +44 (0)1753 660523  http://www.vicorp.com