[Asterisk-Users] NAT, SIP (was: No sound with SIP Phones on the Internet)

Andres andres at telesip.net
Mon Oct 13 21:42:59 MST 2003

On Monday 13 October 2003 22:26, Uriel Carrasquilla wrote:
> John:
> are you aware of any documentation on how to configre SER to be a front-end
> to Asterisk?
Hi Uriel,

At TeleSIP we run a cluster of several geographically distributed SER Servers
that hande all our SIP Routing.   SER is a robust, fast and stable platform
which has worked flawlessly for us.  We use * as our company PBX and PSTN
Gateway.  Basically what you need to do is to device a numbering plan so that
SERs routing logic can forward the call to * when it needs to.

For example in ser.cfg you could put something like this:
###            PSTN ACCESS                            #######
      if (method=="INVITE") {
                 if (uri=~"sip:01[1-9][0-9]+ at .*") {
                      log(1, "This is a Long Distance Call\n");
                      route(6);
                      break;
                      };
                  };
.
.
.
route[6] {
         rewritehostport("your_asterisk_box:5050");
         if (!t_relay()) {
         sl_reply_error();
         };
}