[Asterisk-Users] NAT, SIP (was: No sound with SIP Phones on the Internet)

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Mon Oct 13 19:59:36 MST 2003

At 11:26 PM -0400 10/13/03, Uriel Carrasquilla wrote:
>From: "Uriel Carrasquilla" <uriel at adelphia.net>
>To: <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
>Subject: RE: [Asterisk-Users] NAT, SIP (was: No sound with SIP
>Phones on the Internet)
>Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 23:26:59 -0400
>
>John:
>are you aware of any documentation on how to configre SER to be a front-end
>to Asterisk?
>I suspect it is very inexpensive to put a SER server in a hosting facility
>to forward traffic to multiple Asterisks based on Least Cost Routing.
>My problem is that my experience is with Asterisk and not with SER.
>  Uriel

Uriel -
   1) Please stop top-posting.

   2) I'm afraid I don't have any data on specifics of creating a
front-end.  I know how to do it, but my time these days is spent
writing lots of other projects that I have been doing.  :-)  I would
suggest you get SER and set it up - it's quite easy, and the
documentation on SER itself is very well written, and if you have a
good idea of how SIP works you should be able to patch together an
appropriate system.  However, if you aren't 100% familiar with how
SIP works, I would stick to just an Asterisk system; SER doesn't
allow for any of the "shortcuts" that Asterisk has.

   3) Use Google and do some searching.  I found some quick links with
a few of the keywords that would seem obvious, but I don't have
enough time to review them...

JT