[Asterisk-Users] Call Parking and Paid Digium software modifi cations

mattf mattf at vicimarketing.com
Mon Oct 13 16:57:00 MST 2003

That is how many old PBX phone systems work and it is that way our users are
used to working with the phone system. Another issue with the way Asterisk
callparking currently works is that there is only one call-park orbit, you
cannot use a different set of numbers for a different call park
instance(i.e. 700 goes to 701-720 AND 740 goes to 741-750).

We also have several Grandstream phones which cannot use the asterisk
implementation of call-parking because they cannot hear the extension that
Asterisk chose for their call to go to.

The best solution for my company is to be like the old systems and allow
people to define the exact extension that they park their calls on, and if
that park extension is busy it would give a busy signal.

MATT---