[Asterisk-Users] VoiceMail fromstring?

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Mon Oct 13 16:01:23 MST 2003

>I would recommend then doing "grep fromstring
>/usr/src/asterisk/apps/app_voicemail2.c" ....
>
>Martin
>
>On Fri, 19 Sep 2003, Ben Bloomberg wrote:
>
>>  I'm having tons of trouble getting the fromstring to work in
>>  voicemail.conf. I've tried both voicemail and voicemail2 but the emails
>>  still seem to be coming from asterisk pbx. Has anyone had any luck with
>  > this?
[snip]

Martin -
   I examined the source, but I am still un-enlightened.  :-)   I
cannot get fromstring or emailbody working reliably.  Even with the
minimalist settings below, the header or body did not change (other
than "serveremail" which seems to be set appropriately.)
Interestingly and perhaps as an additional problem, the timezones
also don't seem to work correctly in the voicemail message, either -
the time in the email message is Eastern time (the TZ to which that
server is set.)  My CVS is Asterisk CVS-10/13/03-18:38:10.

   What I am doing incorrectly?

JT

[general]
format=wav
serveremail=voicemail at somedomain.com
attach=yes
fromstring=Foo
emailbody=New vm now

[zonemessages]
eastern=US/NewYork|'vm-received' Q 'digits/at' IMp
central=US/Central|'vm-received' Q 'digits/at' IMp
mountain=US/Mountain|'vm-received' Q 'digits/at' IMp
pacific=US/Pacific|'vm-received' Q 'digits/at' IMp

[default]
2413669780 => 9999,john todd,jtodd at loligo.com,,|tz=pacific

A message left in that mailbox results in: