[Asterisk-Users] ACD/IVR dialogs/SIP/client environment

Nate Clifford asteriskNEWS at devminer.com
Mon Oct 13 13:11:00 MST 2003

Ok I have tried to post to this list server but have just gotten the
automated reply saying the moderator has to approve it to the list first
which was my mistake for sending from the wrong email account.
So if the moderator finally approves my questions and you see the same
post again "Sorry".

My situation is this:
I havn't installed Asterisk yet but am curious the general way you would
go about doing an ACD to A SIP client and causing an application to pop
on the client side.

I had thought that the way to do that would be to trigger two different
events from inside an IVR on the Asterisk server. Is that possible?

Can you send the call into a dialog/code that will determine the client
via the DID/DNIS and then call and pass variable to an application that
will communicate over the network with the clients app and then load a
web page. Then the next part of the dialog/code would initiate the SIP
session with the clients station?

Any answers or replies to help distill this question would help.

Thanks.