[Asterisk-Users] No sound with SIP Phones on the Internet

WipeOut wipe_out at lycos.co.uk
Mon Oct 13 09:32:46 MST 2003

Chris Hariga wrote:

>This is bull... I can't believe that...
>Must be a solution...
>
>Chris HARIGA

There is a solution.. buy a SIP aware router with a built in SIP proxy.. But even then you will probably still have issues..

Search the archives and you will see that this issue has come up time and time again and I have not heard of anyone who has managed to get Asterisk to work correctly when the Asterisk server is behind NAT..

If the SIP UA is also behind NAT then there is even less chance of it working..

Believe it, Don't believe it its your choice..

Later..