[Asterisk-Users] X100P Config

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Mon Oct 13 09:11:55 MST 2003

> When I run "modprobe zaptel" I get the message that the zaptel.o was
> compiled for kernel version 2.4.20-4GB while this kernel version is
> 2.4.20-4GB-athlon. And fails.
>
> When I run "modprobe wcfxo" I get the message that the zaptel.o was compiled
> for kernel version 2.4.20-4GB while this kernel version is
> 2.4.20-4GB-athlon. And fails.

That's a real common problem discussed several times in the list.

The issue is that somewhere along the line you've upgraded the kernel
binaries (probably RedHat's up2date), and the source code that was installed
in your base system (probably header files only) are from an earlier kernel.
You'll need to install the kernel source for the actual version you are
running.